Tuesday 3 January 2012

Why all cyclists should use a set of rollers

I got myself a set of rollers a couple of years ago and have to admit I've hardly used them up until this winter. Having had 18 months away from serious cycling I needed something to help me work on my pedalling technique and I've found the rollers are fantastic for just that

I've found that the key benefits of using a set of rollers are

  1. Improved balance whilst cycling.
  2. Improved pedal stroke efficiency and more even power output throughout the pedal stroke.
  3. Improvement in bike handling due to the need to ride consistently in a straight line.
  4. Kinaesthetic feedback to help detect weaknesses in your pedalling technique.
  5. Low resistance of the rollers means I find I have less likelihood of pushing myself too hard- Maybe this is just a mental effect as you get a great workout on the rollers.
If you're looking for a great article on how to ride rollers I recommend

How To Ride Indoor Bicycling Training Rollers

Good luck with your training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment