Saturday 28 January 2012

Riding Rollers is really affecting my muscles

Having spent a lot of time recently riding rollers I've started to realise that they really are developing my pedal stroke

What I've learnt- My pedal action is weak over the top half of the pedalling action.

  • Previously my pedal stroke was weak on the initial activation phase of the power phase. Ranging from 12 to 3 on the clock face. 
How I know this- I'm finding a lot of extra effect on my backside (gluteus maximus) which is the muscle responsible. I've found significant muscle soreness to this area post workout on the rollers
  • Weakness in the hip flexors
The hip flexors are responsible from between 9 and 12 on the clock face and the dragging forward of the foot over the top of the pedal stroke

Hopefully continued riding on the rollers will continue to help myself develop strength in these areas and I've also started more glute and hip flexor targeted gym work too

No comments:

Post a Comment